Current Diesel Technician Job Openings
Trucks & Parts, the largest reseller of refuse trucks in North America, is looking to add Diesel Technicians to our growing team. Trucks & Parts is in its 71st year of business and is still recognized as the leader in supplying fleet solutions to the private, public, and municipal marketplace. Trucks & Parts is a customer-focused organization that is seeking a highly motivated and success-driven Diesel Technician for our operations in Philadelphia, PA and Tampa, FL.Job Summary:
- Works on automatic and standard transmissions, all types of diesel engines, single and dual drive steering suspensions, and systems.
- Performs PMI's, hydraulic and air brake adjustments and repairs, diagnoses drive trains.
- Works in all areas of electrical diagnostics and repairs, including but not limited to, complex and standard lighting systems.
- Diagnose and repair power beyond systems.
- Diagnose and repair multi-functioning hydraulic systems with electric and air functions.
- Operates the equipment in a safe manner & reports hazards associated with the equipment or its operations to the Safety Director.
- Maintains/produces a level of output that will minimize production delays.
- Cleans & maintains an orderly work area.
- Assists other individuals when needed.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- CDL (Class B with air brakes). ASE certifications (T1-T7).
- Must have the ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Welding and fabricating experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills relative to supervisor & other related departments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, plus the physical ability to work in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead. Must have the ability to climb and work from a ladder.
- Ability to operate various shop tools.
- Must have own tools of the trade, a valid driver's license & transportation.
- Requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent plus vocational training or job-related course work.
- A clean, safe working environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance.
- Company Paid Training: at least 40 hours per year.
- Uniforms provided / Safety Shoe Program.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Hourly pay – not flat rate.
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay.
Apply online using the “Apply Today” form on this page, or email your resume to email@example.com.