Assist with the general accounting functions, preparing financial reports and analyzing financial information to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities for three locations.
• Provide the day-to-day accounting functions along with providing support to the staff. This includes making sure invoices are entered correctly and that sales tax and FET are being appropriately charged.
• Assist with Federal Excise Tax and Sales Tax Filings.
• Prepare the weekly scorecard.
• Complete month-end close and all activities related to it. This includes preparing the board deck for the executive team.
• Prepare the daily cash flow forecast and manage the line of credit.
• Assist with insurance renewals. Perform analysis on costs and employer contributions.
• Work with the President and HR Manager on annual bonus plans and employee performance goals.
• Actively work with the shop managers to identify budget verses actual differences. This requires weekly meetings to dig into truck details.
• Assist with potential acquisitions and new start-ups.
• Review monthly bank and credit card transactions and perform balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare the annual budget.
• Approve and record payroll and 401K postings.
• Ensure annual dealer license requirements are addressed.
• Track service jobs.
• Review contracts and prepare sales tax exemption certificates.
• Create SOP’s.
• Manage the yearly external audit and semi-annual bank audit.
• Participate in monthly calls with other accounting staff/personnel under the ownership umbrella.
• Become a systems super user (Intacct & Salesforce).
• Assist with other companies under the general ownership umbrella if needed.
• This position will work closely with the shop managers, President, HR Manager, Administrative staff and CFO.
• Work with the CFO to analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and financial statements to project future revenues and expenses and identify weaknesses and opportunities
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position requires a strategic thinker who can help drive results and take Trucks & Parts to the next level. They will work very closely with the CFO and ownership team.
Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Experience with creating financial statements and financial reports. Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process. Must have experience using accounting software and be proficient in MS Excel.
Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills are required.
Education and Experience
Overall Experience: A minimum of five-seven years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for this position in order to be considered qualified. Experience with Operations would be helpful.
Education: Requires a four-year bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Travel: Quarterly Board Meetings and occasional visits to Pennsylvania & Texas locations.
Apply online using the “Apply Today” form on this page, or email your resume to email@example.com.